OF FAE & FIENDS is a Faerie Tale with teeth – a place where monsters sometimes eat children, but the courageous can fight back. This lavishly produced modern faerie tale features 30+ actors, cinematic sound design, and an original orchestral score. A listening experience for the entire family (recommended ages 7+).
Behind the Scenes
This show was created using a signature “Field-Studio Hybrid” style developed by Fred Greenhalgh and William Dufris (originally used in Season 2 of The Dark Tome).
All scenes recorded in the “Real world” were recorded on-location at The Dear Old Farm in Berwick, Maine. All scenes in Fae were recorded in Mind’s Eye Productions studios in South Portland, Maine.
Episode 1 – Tapes in the Attic
Lizzie returns to her family’s ancestral farmhouse in rural Maine and discovers tapes in the attic that reveal an amazing family secret.
Episode 2 – Out of the Frying Pan…
Lizzie and her new friend, Kyle the talking goat, have found a portal to the magical land of Fae. Unfortunately this has put them right in the darkest depths of the ghoul tree forest.
Episode 3 – It’s Just a Wyvern!
A friend helps Lizzie and Kyle fight a cockatrice, but this help comes with a high price: Lizzie must steal a wyvern’s egg.
Episode 4 – Heart of Stone
Lost in the catacombs of the Gnome Mountains, Lizzie finds a friend and discovers the power of heart stone.
Episode 5 – Mirror, Mirror in the Pool
Carlow uses a magic mirror to track down Lizzie and her friends.
Episode 6 – The World Tree
Lizzie and her friends reach the magical center of the Fae universe: The World Tree itself, and the Queen of Fae, who rules over it.
Episode 7 – All Hades Breaks Loose
Lizzie breaks a dark enchantment, which unfortunately gives Carlow the opportunity to launch an all-out assault on the World Tree.
Episode 8 – The Court of Carlow
Lizzie faces a gruesome fate unless her friends are able to overcome their darkest fears and rescue her.
Enjoy the Companion Novel
The adventures of Lizzie and her friends Kyle and Garrett are also available as a companion novel!
Enjoy in Amazon Kindle or as a paperback novel, including gorgeous black and white chapter illustrations by Simon Adams.
About the Creator: Fred Greenhalgh
Fred Greenhalgh (writer/director/producer) grew up in Downeast Maine, where the eerie landscape and early exposure to spooky books informed his lifelong desire to use fantastic tales to explore real issues. Today he uses techniques he learned from film school in the creation of audio stories so as to create immersive “movies for your mind” such as OF FAE & FIENDS.
Cast and Crew
- Writer/Director/Producer – Fred Greenhalgh
- Executive Producer – William Dufris
- Associate Producer – Casey Turner
- Script Consultant – Kathleen Howard
- Sensitivity Consultant – Elena Fernandez Collins
- Marie Lane – Lizzie
- Shannon Campbell – The Storyteller
- Dustin Tucker – Kyle the Goat
- Ella Mock – Garrett the Weasel
- Casey Turner – Cherie (Mom)
- Kym Dakin – Grandma Norah
- Michael Dix Thomas – Grandpa Jack
- Peter Berkrot – Uncle Carlow
- Karen Lundh – Aunt Debbie
- Michael Dow – Medic 1
- Christine Marshall – Medic 2, Garrett’s Mum, and Fae Althea
- Chloe Koloski – Young Cherie
- Lisa Boucher-Hartman – Ghoul Tree, Cockatrice, and Water Elemental
- Colby Elliot – Widdershins the Troll and Cecil the Gnome
- Dalton S Kimball – Worg 1 and Goblin Soldier 1
- Gary Hauger – Worg 2 and Goblin Soldier 2
- Greggory Hauger – Young Carlow and add’tl Goblins
- Katie Gall – Wyvern Song
- Maya Williams – Wind Elemental
- Burke Brimmer – Doctor Bronson
- Kerry Ann Loomis – Nurse Carly
- Mariah Bergeron – the Fae Queen
- Jessica Rainville – Fae Cassandra
- Chantal King – Fae Lieutenant
- William Dufris as Giant, Goblin Supplicant, and Goblin Elder
- Dylan Chestnutt – Goblin Kid
- Rachel Flehinger – the Brainworm
- James Herrera as Goblin Wizard
- Tony Reilly – Goblin Warrior
- Ozma Casten – Glendora
- Additional Voices by the Cast
Recorded by Fred Greenhalgh on location at The Dear Old Farm in Berwick, Maine, and at Mind’s Eye Productions in South Portland, Maine (traditional territory of the Wabanaki Confederacy)
Assistant Director – Casey Turner
Production Assistant- Jessica Rainville
Dialogue editing by Grace Waldron. Sound Design by Rory O’Shea. Theme by Peter Van Riet, original score by Frank Schulmeyer.
Original cover art: Bethany Greenhalgh
Original Episode Art: Simon Adams.
Special thanks to the Kasten Family, and to Nyana Greenhalgh, who listened to countless early versions of this work and made it better by constantly asking questions.
OF FAE & FIENDS is a Dagaz Media Production
Listen on Realm
Available on all major podcasting apps (Apple Podcasts, Spotify) thanks to Realm
Get in touch
Like the show? Let us know!
Follow the adventure!
Follow us on social media to talk more about Lizzie’s adventures and the land of Fae.